Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sore is just a state of mind (at least thats what I'll keep telling myself).

I know I didn't come to the place I am overnight.  For one to acquire a spare tire and other assorted "spare" parts, one must spend countless nights laboring over bowls of ice cream and many a meal making the exhaustive trip for seconds.  So, yes, I know this didn't happen overnight and I know it won't change overnight.....BUT MAN!!!!!!!  Undoing years of one way of thinking and re-learning what I SHOULD do is a little overwhelming.  I can usually make it through the daytime hours without too many issues.  Good breakfast, snack, good lunch, snack, dinner.  BUT THEN it is the evening!  There are so many little delicious temptations!  That stretch from dinner to bedtime is BRUTAL.  And of course the mind tells you all kinds of things.  "I had a great workout today, I deserve this, it's just one little treat, I'll make up for it tomorrow."  Blah, blah, blah.
Bottom line:  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  If I WANT my body to change then my habits HAVE to change.
Bye bye cookies 'n cream.  See ya later Chips Ahoy!
I have a new evening routine, and it's called Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.  Not as tasty, and does cause some pain, but the rewards are SWEET!!!
Emily

3 comments:

  1. I love you, Emily! If you need moral support, I'm here :) Love, Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leigh! Love you too! Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, Kelsey said you'd started a blog...I couldn't wait to read it! You are so funny and you know there are millions of us fighting this
    battle. I started writing a book "Perfect Size 18 -- Petite"!!!!! Don't ya love the petite part! ha! ha! Gosh, now I wish I could fit into an 18 anything!!! Love you, Sweetie, thanks for
    starting this blog for all of us! Cyndy

    ReplyDelete